Are You Worried About Your Blood Pressure?
• Your risk of high blood pressure increases with age, but getting some exercise can make a big difference, and if your blood pressure is already high, exercise can help you control it. You can start slow and work more physical activity into your daily routine.
• How are high blood pressure and exercise connected? Regular physical activity makes your heart stronger and a stronger heart can pump more blood with less effort. So, if your heart can work less to pump, the force on your arteries decreases, thereby lowering your blood pressure.
• Becoming more active can lower the top number in a blood pressure reading by an average of 4 to 9 millimetres of mercury which is as good as some blood pressure medications. So, for some people, getting some exercise is enough to prevent the need for blood pressure medication.
• If your blood pressure is already at a normal level, exercise can help keep it from increasing as you age. It will also help you maintain a healthy weight, which is another important way to control blood pressure.
• To keep your blood pressure low, you need to keep up the exercising. It takes between one and three months for regular exercise to have an impact on your blood pressure and the benefits will last only as long as you continue to exercise.
• Although flexibility and strengthening exercises can be an important part of an overall fitness plan, it takes aerobic activity to control high blood pressure. You don’t need to spend hours in the gym every day to benefit, simply adding moderate physical activities that increases your heart and breathing rates to your daily routine will help. This could be household chores, such as mowing the lawn, raking leaves or scrubbing the floor, climbing stairs, walking, swimming or cycling. If possible a total of 30 minutes per day.
• Weight training can cause a temporary increase in blood pressure during exercise. This increase can be dramatic — depending on how much weight you lift. But, weightlifting can also have long-term benefits to blood pressure that outweigh the risk of a temporary spike for most people. If you have high blood pressure and want to include weight training in your fitness program, remember ensure you have had proper instruction and make sure you have checked with your doctor.
Health supplements has been commonly publicized on the net. Our team aimed to amass numerous genuinely genuine details on grape seed extract, that may help you in your own choices. In the event you prefer further info on health supplements, check out our alternative written content on the topic additionally.