Are You Worried About Memory Loss?
The human memory is an amazing force allowing smells, sights or sounds to remind you of events and people. Losing your memory or struggling to remember familiar names and numbers can be very upsetting so here are some tips to keep your memory healthy and in top shape.
1. Try to associate a smell with something you need to remember. Smells are one of the best ways to trigger a memory, either good or bad smells so pick a distinctive one and relate to that memory every time you come across that smell to make sure you imbed the association.
2. One of the easiest things you can do to improve your memory is to use your brain as much as possible. Add things up in your head or try to work out the cost of multiples of items at the supermarket – this will help keep your brain active and help your memory. Or something as simple as doing word games or brain games can help you retain or improve your memory and keeping your mind sharp can be fun. You can find these games in books or free online.
3. Focus on what you are trying to remember and do not multitask. If you turn off the television, radio and avoid other distractions and focus on what you need to remember or the knowledge you need to retain you will be far more successful. It’s surprising how many things can distract you without you even realizing it.
4. Use the initials to make a sentence – Henry VIII’s wives for example is All boys should come home please. (Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Anne of Cleaves, Katherine Howard and Katherine Parr). Or make up a rhyme like the ’30 Days hath September’ that most people still use from school.
5. Categorizing things may help. If you are going to go food shopping rather than trying to remember pork, chicken, sausages etc., just remember meat so you go to the right section at the supermarket.
6. Last minute memorization can help you remember things for an exam, but the memorisation tends to be short term so try to learn new information gradually. Anything learned over a period of time is more likely to be retained.
7. Getting plenty of physical exercise is important for a healthy body and a healthy mind as exercise increases the oxygen getting to your brain. It also helps to reduce the risk of conditions such as diabetes or heart disease which can add to memory loss.
Omega 3 Fish Oil continues to be significantly publicised on the web. Our organization attempted to accumulate some genuinely legitimate details about high potency Omega 3 Fish Oil, that may help you in your decisions. For those who want more facts about diet supplement, take a look at our various other posts on the topic additionally.